Prompt: Astronomy

 


Title: The Night Sky

Materials: acrylic paint and gelli print, posca markers

Prompt: astronomy

I live well away from any major cities, but, with light pollution, I still see a limited number of stars at night. I used white dots and red dots to represent the stars. White is the more obvious choice. I also used red to acknowledge Hubble's law.

Hubble's law, also known as the Hubble–Lemaître law, is the observation in physical cosmology that galaxies are moving away from Earth at speeds proportional to their distance. In other words, the farther they are, the faster they are moving away from Earth. The velocity of the galaxies has been determined by their redshift, a shift of the light they emit toward the red end of the visible spectrum.

I had more ambitious ideas that did not quite work out. The good thing about my approach to icad art is that, no matter what, after about fifteen minutes of work, I either finish or look for a way to finish. The professional artists with more time can aim for creating an image that will shine through the ages.

Comments

Popular Posts