Junk Journal Week Two



Looking at the books I bought I see that I have read only two stories in the prison anthology; I need to read more. I have yet to start The Carefour Curse.

The three books that I did read this week are all wonderful middle grade novels that are very different from each other. 

The Night Raven is a Swedish novel translated into English and quite a bit darker than most American middle grade novels. It is a ninteenth century detective story set in Stockholm where an orphan girl and a policeman work together to try and catch a serial killer. 

Something Like Home is a novel about a girl starting middle school just after her parents are placed in a locked door opioid treatment center (like jail) after she calls the authorities thinking she is finding help for her parents addiction. 

Heroes of Havensong: Dragonboy is a fantasy novel that I enjoyed while I was reading, but the book left my brain shortly after finishing. Some books are like that for me, and that is not a bad thing.

The Swifts is a humorous murder mystery story set at the Swift family home. The book is filled with relatives who have unusual names and great wordplay. The book had a great combination of engaging story and humor. I enjoyed it more than I expected to.

Comments

Popular Posts