Today's Media (reading)



The Movie Was About the Movie (essay) by Chuck Klosterman from The Nineties a book (library hardcover).

I enjoyed Klosterman's essay. (And I lived in Grand Forks, North Dakota for six plus years.) However, I think a better essay title would have been this sentence that begins the third paragraph:

No movie or director influenced nineties film culture as much as the advent and everywhereness [sic] of the video store (p. 107).



Being Invisible by Thomas Berger. (kindle).

I made it halfway through the book and decided I had read enough. I did enjoy the book and found Berger's book to be vocabulary-expanding -- an experience that does not happen enough. Berger is probably best known for Little Big Man and Neighbors because they were made into movies starring Dustin Hoffman and Faye Dunaway and John Belushi and Dan Ackroyd, respectively. I would like to read other books Berger has written in the future.

Comments

Popular Posts