Current Reading: Max and the Midknights


 

Sometimes it is a good idea to move from a long and difficult novel, in my case, City on Fire, to something lighter. In this case, a silly children's book. The book I am referring to is Max and the Midknights by Lincoln Peirce.

Betsy Bird at the School Library Journal named it in her end of year list of middle grade novels of 2019. As she said of Peirce's book it was one of "the books that truly made my little heart sing."

I can’t believe it but I really really like a Lincoln Peirce title! When it comes to his Big Nate series, I’ve always been a bit lukewarm on poor Mr. Peirce. But now that he’s branching out a little and trying his hand at fantasy, I definitely dig what he’s laying down. My kids were big time fans of this book (it’s a lot of fun to read out loud). And for an extra added bit of fun, check out the full cast audiobook sometime. Perfect for kids of all ages.

Comments

Popular Posts